Monday, December 14, 2009

Day #88: Charlie's Christmas program

Today was super fun! I visited with my great uncle (He's 95!) and watched my nephew sing several Christmas songs along with other kindergarteners. The nephew did well and the group of kids were rather impressive knowing all the words to the songs.

I made black bean soup for dinner and enough to have lunch for the next three days.

The soup:
1 red onion, minced
2 cloved garlic, pressed
2 14oz cans of black beans, drained
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups water
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce

Heat a stock pot with a bit of oil and add the onions and garlic. Cook for at least 3 minutes, but I prefer to cook them longer - I think I cooked them for 7 minutes. Add in the water and cook around a minute before adding everything else. When all the rest of the ingredients are in, turn the heat up to high until the soup boils, then turn the heat to medium-low. Let soup simmer for at least 20 minutes. Add salt or pepper if desired.

And it was very good!

{Laura}

No comments:

Post a Comment